For our client, a leading international development studio in the gaming industry, we are currently looking for a
System Game Designer (gn)
Unique opportunity for gaming affine champions based in Vienna or international
Gaming is your passion. We offer an excellent opportunity within an highly international, creative and professional environment with a clear focus on the Gamer's gaming experience. We know that processes and expertise are important but passionate people with a strong gaming mindset are more important than anything else. This position is open for Senior and Regular System Game Designer!
Your main tasks
- As an experienced System Designer you are in charge of the system design fulfillment (AA+ productions) for PC and Console games (e.g. cartoony games, modern 3D action games)
- You have a good understanding of how to handle complex game systems, and a clear focus on the big picture
- You work on different, challenging, big and famous IPs in international teams up to about 30 people
- In daily business your focus is on systems design, analysis and balancing. You ensure that game mechanics mesh and that the game's economy, and progression work well
- Thereby you need to interact very effectively with fellow game designers and with programmers
- As a Senior System Designer you help coach & supervise other designers, review their work, and give them constructive feedback
- You have around 3+ years professional experience in the areas of system design - resp. in analysis, balancing, game mechanics, game's economy & progression
- You are experienced in Strategy, RPG, Management, Simulation or Open World games
- You are experienced in agile working (Scrum, Jira, Confluence)
- Experience in programming (C++, C#), visual scripting, rational game design, and familiarity with game engines (e.g. UE4, Unity) is a plus
- You have an open-minded personality with excellent communication & organisational skills
- You love to work hands-on, to support colleagues and ideally, you bring a transparent, efficient and pragmatic working style on the table
- Fluent in English (written & spoken) is a must have
- European citizen or EU work permit
- You work in a stable, extremely partnership-based work environment
- You have the great opportunity to create games with your own footprint
- The Location in Vienna (Austria) is central-based and highly reachable by public transport
- Competitive salary (14 times a year), flexible working hours and 25 days of paid holidays per year
- Excellent relocation support
- Remote at the beginning; medium/long-term on site/VIENNA is preferred
The annual gross salary is at least EUR 49.000.-. Of course, overpayment is possible with appropriate professional qualifications and experience.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact Mr. Felix Wolfmair at +43 1 877 30 03 DW 222.
Weitere offene Positionen finden Sie auf unserer Homepage unter consent.at/jobs.